Friday, November 9, 2007

Party Recipe--Recipe for Success when throwing a Party!

Party time!

These are recipes I have collected in all the places I have lived. When I attended a function and a dish was really good, people were only too happy to share. I lived in Rock Hill, SC; Florence, SC, Little Rock AR, Tulsa, and now Ponca City.
Each of these recipes is a winner! I have received many compliments on each and every one of the dishes.
My favorite chef to watch for entertaining tips is Michael Chiarello.
I did use one of Rachel Ray’s for White Sangria for a Christmas event once. The pomegranate seeds floating in the Sangria made it look so festive! I made it for mother one summer when she and Becky came to see me and she just loved it! It has a very low alcohol content.
When I post my bread section, there will be a recipe for a Decadent Garlic Loaf that you might want to consider taking to a cookout. It is absolutely wonderful!
Probably the best advice you can receive about entertaining is to always use tried and true recipes when you have a get together. You will have so many things to be thinking about as you get your house ready for the event, the last thing you want to do is use a recipe that might fail.
The recipes in this section are mainly appetizers and drinks.

No comments: